COVINGTON, La (NewsNation Now) — Kris Rotonda has been spending some nights recently at Northshore Humane Society in Covington — a no-kill shelter since 1953.
His roommate on any night always reminds him of the dog he adopted from a place like this a few years ago who sadly passed away from cancer. He credits that dog with his new mission.
Rotonda keeps shelter dogs across the country some much-needed company at night as they wait for their forever home.
“I’m trying to inspire change all across the country of how people view shelter animals,” he said.
- Sioux City woman pleads guilty to COVID-19 unemployment fraud
- Professional Bull Riders coming to Tyson Events Center
- US expands ‘Do Not Travel’ advisory to 80% of countries amid pandemic
- Norfolk woman arrested for assaulting man, throwing knife
- Shooting at West Hempstead Stop & Shop: 1 dead, 2 wounded; suspect in custody, officials say