SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (Argus Leader/AP) — Prosecutors say they will charge a Yankton man with first- and second-degree murder and manslaughter for allegedly stabbing a woman in Sioux Falls.
Officers were called to a home about 2 p.m. Sunday where the body of a woman was found with multiple stab wounds.
Authorities say the suspect was also at the home and was arrested.
Police say the suspect and the 39-year-old victim lived together and there had been a verbal altercation.
A first-degree murder conviction in South Dakota is punishable by life imprisonment or the death penalty.
- Siouxland Forecast: April 04, 2020
- 2020 Orange City Tulip Festival canceled due to COVID-19 concerns
- Farmer Markets’ adjust to COVID-19 precautions
- Grand juries, jury trials in Iowa suspended until mid-July
- Nebraska Department of Correctional Services staff member tests positive for COVID-19