SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KCAU) – Health officials confirmed one new COVID-19 death and 43 new cases of the virus in Woodbury County, Friday morning.
As of this writing, the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) reports 2,462 total positive virus cases in Woodbury County. That total includes 1,203 recoveries.
The Siouxland District Health Department, (SDHD) is reporting a total of 26 COVID-19 deaths. The death reported Friday was a man between the ages of 61 and 80.
SDHD also reports a countywide total of 182 coronavirus hospitalizations.
Total hospitalizations are cumulative and include 115 patients who have been discharged.
SDHD announced Tuesday that the IDPH COVID-19 dashboard will update in real-time and some data points won’t match between the health departments because they may be utilizing different sources.
The numbers SDHD releases in the morning reflect what was reported to them throughout the previous day.
Detailed demographic information and updated case numbers can be found on IDPH’s COVID-19 Case Counts Dashboard.
Latest Coronavirus Stories
- January 16: South Dakota reports more than 200 new COVID-19 recoveries
- January 16: 30 new COVID-19 cases in Woodbury County
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- January 16: More than 1,300 new COVID-19 cases in Iowa
- Online sign-ups complicate vaccine rollout for older people