SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KCAU) – West Middle School moved to emergency response virtual learning Wednesday in response to COVID-19 cases.
School officials made the decision after the Sioux City Community School District learned on November 10 that there were multiple individuals who tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced symptoms.
They said that since middle school grades are normally housed in a pod, the cross-contact is contained within the grade level.
- Two people killed in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- November 28: Woodbury County reports more than 100 new COVID-19 cases
- November 28: Iowa reports more than 2,200 new COVID-19 cases
- Here’s how drinking hot cocoa could make you smarter
- Watch: Utah biologists remove rope and rebar from antlers of buck