SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KCAU) – The Woodbury County Commission of Veteran Affairs is sponsoring a Veteran’s Day observance at 11:00 a.m. on Monday, November 11 at the Woodbury County Courthouse, with guest speaker Mary Jordan, LISW IADC, the Director of the Sioux City Bet Center.
Master of Ceremonies, Stella Daskalakis, will emcee the event. Others participating in the observance include:
- The Marine Corps League
- Siouxland Detachment 507
- POW/MIA ceremony by Hornick’s American Legion Post 492
- Invocation and Benediction by Andrew Nelson
- Chaplain for the 185th Refueling Wing
- National Anthem and musical selections performed by the Siouxland Discover Choir and Taps by Carey Anderson
Posts and Chapters of various Woodbury County Veterans organizations are encouraged to attend with their colors. Those who attend will be recognized.
The courthouse doors will open for the observance at 10:30 a.m. and will close again immediately following the observance.
The public is encouraged to attend.
Latest Local Stories
- Two Storm Lake women arrested for cashing nearly $20k in forged checks
- UPDATE: Lane of I-29 reopens south of Sloan after to semi fire
- WATCH LIVE: Iowa Gov. Reynolds holds press conference
- January 27: Woodbury County’s COVID-19 positivity rate drops to 8.7%, 14 new cases
- Siouxland Stories: Siouxlanders on a mission to help neighbors during wintertime