YANKTON, S.D. (KCAU) – A Vermillion woman has been identified as the person who was killed in a two-vehicle crash on June 22 in Yankton.
According to the South Dakota Highway Patrol, on June 22 at 10:49 p.m., the Yankton County Sheriff’s Office was pursuing a 2006 Chrysler Sebring had been reported stolen.
The Yankton Police Department tried to stop the car in city limits. The car was heading west on Fourth Street when it failed to negotiate a right-hand curve while turning north onto Summit Street.
Officials said the Chrysler crashed into a 1998 Chevrolet Silverado pickup that was heading east.
Both drivers were taken to the Yankton hospital by ambulance.
Andrienne Whitefeather, 35, driver of the Sebring, later died due to injuries. Tyler Andrea, 32, driver of the Silverado, had serious injuries, but none were life-threatening.
Authorities reported that neither people were wearing seatbelts.
South Dakota’s Highway Patrol is still investigating this crash.
- JULY 4: South Dakota COVID-19 cases rise
- July 4: Woodbury County COVID-19 numbers see increase
- July 4: Iowa sees 567 new COVID-19 cases, 2 new deaths
- FBI, Omaha police investigating racist graffiti at park
- Firm to offer balloon rides from Alaska to the edge of space