VERMILLION, S.D. (KCAU) – A Vermillion mother has been charged with murdering her one-year old son.
According to the Vermillion Police Department, at 2:47 p.m. on Monday, they responded to a report of a child not breathing at a residence and officials found the deceased one-year-old.
Later that same day at 9:34 p.m., officers arrested, Maria Milda, 26, and charged her with first-degree murder.
Milda was the mother of the deceased child and her bond is set at $1,000,000.
The exact cause of death is pending on the results of an autopsy and no other details have been released.
The Vermillion Police Department and Clay County Sheriff’s Office are actively investigating this case with consultation from the Clay County State’s Attorney and the South Dakota DCI.
- Yankton Fire Department respond to Friday night vehicle fire
- Online sign-ups complicate vaccine rollout for older people
- Elvis Presley’s Graceland starting virtual tours
- Officials ID man, 5-year-old child killed in Iowa house fire
- Quick-thinking waitress used sign to save boy from allegedly abusive parents, police say