SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KCAU) – A vehicle is considered totaled after it started on fire in Sioux City Monday morning.
The fire took place in the parking lot of Dollar General at 5977 Gordon Drive around Monday around 9:30 a.m.
Fire crews quickly extinguished the flames, but say this type of fire can be especially dangerous.
“With any fire ,obviously we have challenges like the fire the smoke. That’s why we wear the SBCAs and packs to make sure we’re not breathing in any carcinogens or bad smoke. There’s safety concerns always with vehicles,” said Benjamin Morehead with Sioux City Fire Rescue.
No one was in the vehicle at the time and no one was injured. Flames from the vehicle caused damage to a nearby vehicle.
Firefighters say there was too much damage to determine the cause.
Latest Local Stories
- Johnson & Johnson voluntarily recalls a single lot of Baby Powder in the US
- Okoboji man faces 10 years to life imprisonment for drug trafficking, illegally possessing ammunition
- Iowa unemployment remain at 2.5%, 2nd lowest in US
- Sioux City woman arrested for assault of another woman sleeping with her boyfriend
- FEMA coming to Yankton County, assessing September flood damage