(KCAU) – Across the U.S., another 1.3 million Americans filed for unemployment last week.
Here in Siouxland, new unemployment claims increased by nearly 3,000 according to Iowa Work Force Development.
Nebraska saw a surge in new claims as well with more than 6,000 people filing claims for the first time.
South Dakota reported an increase too. Around 150 more people filed for unemployment compared to the previous week.
All three states report a drop in continued claims for unemployment as many people lost benefits if their workplace re-opened but they refused to return.
- Good Day Pets – Meet Karen!
- Chip and Joanna Gaines are bringing back ‘Fixer Upper’
- Judge dismisses Rep. Nunes’ lawsuit over Iowa farm story
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as the week ends
- Man suspected of human trafficking arrested after chase in Florida