SIOUX CENTER, Iowa (KCAU) – A teen was injured Tuesday after a two-vehicle collision about a mile east of Sioux Center
The Sioux County Sheriff’s Office investigated a crash at the intersection of Hickory Avenue and 410th Street Tuesday at 3:41 p.m.
Authorities said Trevor Engeltjes, 28, of Everly, was driving north in a 2006 Ford F-350 pulling a trailer on Hickory Avenue and collided with another pickup going west at the intersection.
The other driver, a 17-year-old of Sioux Center, was taken to Sioux Center Health for treatment of his injuries.
Engeltjes F-350 and trailer sustained about $25,000 in damage, while the other pickup, a 2007 F-150, sustained an estimated $20,000 in damage.
Engeltjes was cited for failure to yield to a vehicle on the right and operating a vehicle with expired registration.
The sheriff’s office was assisted by the Sioux Center Fire Department, Sioux Center Ambulance and Sioux Center Police Department.
- Des Moines police identify pedestrian killed in November hit-and-run
- Gallery: Iowa National Guard on Duty for President Biden’s Inauguration
- 10 things more likely than winning the huge Powerball, Mega Millions jackpots
- Nebraska vaccine campaign moving faster in some rural areas
- Inaugural tradition: The meaning behind President Biden’s Bible