SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KCAU) – A Sioux City man has been arrested following a robbery in a Select Mart.
On Saturday around 10:52 a.m., officials reported a man entered Select Mart located at 623 14th Street with a gun while demanding cash.
Officials said the clerk fled, and the suspect drove away in a beige 2000s Chevrolet Trailblazer without getting anything.
At 2:04 p.m., officers found the vehicle in the 900 block of 8th Street, and the suspect was found in an apartment nearby. He was taken into custody.
Franky Corral, 24, of Sioux City, was arrested and charged with first degree robbery and going armed with intent. The gun used in the robbery was found in the vehicle.
Before being taken to the Woodbury County Jail, Corral was taken to MercyOne for a self-inflected wound.
- Nebraska police seize 27 pounds of marijuana in arrest
- Pro-Trump demonstrators, some armed, start descending on Michigan, Ohio, South Carolina statehouses
- Chinese city reports coronavirus found on ice cream
- Hoping for civil protests, Department of Public Safety Commissioner says Iowa is prepared for the worst
- Vice President-elect Harris to resign her Senate seat Monday