STORM LAKE, Iowa (KCAU) – A Storm Lake man faces multiple charges of sexual abuse against a minor after he was arrested Sunday night.
The Storm Lake Police Department was notified of a possible sexual assault Sunday around 5 p.m. The police launched an investigation into the report that identified Nixon Mendoza Munoz, 22, of Storm Lake, who met a 15-year-old girl through Snapchat two months ago.
According to the police department, Mendoza Munoz engaged in sexual contact with the 15-year-old at a residence in the city during December 2020.
Police arrested Mendoza Munoz Sunday night. Mendoza Munoz was charged with five counts of Sexual Abuse 3rd Degree, a class C felony. Mendoza Munoz was booked and held in the Buena Vista County Jail on a $40,000 bond.
- WATCH LIVE: Gov. Ricketts holds press conference
- LIVE: White House COVID-19 team briefs public as J&J vaccine doses shipped to states
- Estherville man arrested on sexual abuse, kidnapping charges
- New Orleans officer murdered after man denied entry for not wearing a mask
- March 1: Iowa COVID-19 hospitalizations remain less than 200