A Spencer man was arrested on charges of sexual abuse and lascivious acts against a child.
According to court documents, between February 28, 2013 and December 31, 2013, Ronald Johnson, 38, performed sex acts multiple times on a minor who was 15-year-old at the time in Estherville. He did it while in a position of authority over the victim and used his authority to coerce the minor to submit, documents add.
Documents said he also inappropriately touched a child on multiple occasions.
A warrant was issued for Johnson’s arrest and he was arrested in Clay County Friday around 7 p.m.
Johnson is charged with two counts of third-degree sexual abuse and two counts of lascivious acts with a child, all class C felonies. He was also charged with two counts of indecent contact with a child, an aggravated misdemeanor. He was booked into the Clay County Jail on a bond of $50,000.
- December 4: Dakota County reports 28 new COVID-19 cases
- Christmas and COVID: Therapist on how to manage holiday stress and decisions amid the pandemic
- US House passes historic bill that would decriminalize cannabis on the federal level
- Pfizer cuts 2020 COVID-19 vaccine distribution in half due to supply-chain issues, report says
- Cheers! Or not: ‘Scandalous’ 1st Christmas card up for sale