SOUTH SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KCAU) – City buildings in South Sioux City will be closed to the general public starting Monday.
The closures will be in effect for an indefinite period.
City officials said that that the city will be following federal and state guidelines controlling the COVID-19 virus.
Buildings will remain staffed to conduct business by appointment, telephone, U.S. mail, Fax and on-line services. Entry to buildings will be by appointment only.
They said that utility bills will be accepted at the drive-up window or the drop box.
“Positive cases that are happening in our county. We’ve had over 3,000 positive cases in our county, so we want to do that to protect our city staff as well as protect the general public,” said Lance Hedquist.
Public meetings will be held following the State of Nebraska 10 person limit; as a result some member of these boards and the city council will attend via the phone. Access to these meetings will be made by calling a special telephone number.
Telephone numbers will also be posted at the door.
Office Phone Numbers and Email:
- City Administrator 402.494.7517 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant City Administrator 402.494.9407 email@example.com
- City Clerk 402.494.7594 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Works 402.494.9407 email@example.com
- Parks & Recreation 402.494.7540 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Code Enforcement 402.494.7532 email@example.com
- Communications Coordinator 402.494.8328 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Law Enforcement 402.494.7512
- Fire Department 402.494.7508