SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KCAU) – A 46-year-old Sioux City man was arrested over the weekend after police were told the man offered to pay for sex.
According to court documents, a mother told police Sunday that David Massey, of Sioux City, messaged her 12-year-old daughter through Facebook and showed police the messages. She said that Massey offered her daughter $100 to have sex. Authorities say that after learning of the girl’s age, Massey stopped offering money but continued to message inappropriately.
Police later found Massey who confirmed the messages came from him.
Massey was arrested and charged with soliciting prostitution, an aggravated misdemeanor. He is being held in the Woodbury County Jail on a $1,000 bond.
- Glenwood Resource Center whistleblowers warned lawmakers one year ago about unethical conduct
- Siouxland Forecast: February 19, 2020
- Nebraska school districts voice their concerns about two bills that would cut funding
- Sioux City works to get accurate numbers for 2020 U.S. Census
- 4-H Annual Chili Cook-off Fundraiser to take place on March 21