SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KCAU) – Crews put out a fire Tuesday just a couple of blocks away from Briar Cliff University.
The fire was reported at a residence in the 3000 block of Isabella Street just before 2 p.m. When crews arrived, it was apparent to be an exterior fire on the side of the home near electrical and power lines that come into the house.
No one was injured and the homeowner was outside when crews arrived on the scene.
Fire crews believe the wind could of been a possible cause as the investigation is still ongoing.
“There’s a lot of electrical and cable lines that are swaying back and forth so that could be a possibility, as well as trees and so forth that get into electrical lines,” said Sioux City Fire Rescue Cpt. Tom Standish.
MidAmerican Energy were also on the scene.
- March 5: 2 more virus-related deaths in Woodbury County, 22 new COVID-19 cases
- Photos: Modern ‘Hobbit hole’ hits the market far from Middle Earth
- Trump State Department aide charged with assault at Capitol
- CDC chief urges Americans to ‘double down’ on COVID-19 prevention measures
- Good Day Pets – Meet Chubs!