SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KCAU) – Finding ways to protect people’s personal information continues to be a focus through Siouxland, especially for area seniors.
An upcoming event put on by Connections Area Agency on Aging, along with the Siouxland Center for Active Generations is hoping to prevent identity theft. It’s called Shredtastic. It’s coming up Friday, September 20 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. It will be held at the Siouxland Center for Active Generations., 313 Cook Street.
Shredtastic gives senior citizens to safely discard documents such as bank statements, bills, Medicare and insurance paperwork.
This is for personal paperwork only. Businesses, including home-based, should not bring materials to this event. Paperclips and staples do not need to be removed.
Chris Kuchta, from Connections Area Agency on Aging, stopped by our KCAU 9 studio to tell us all the details.
- Arizona doctor survives COVID-19 after spending 55 days in hospital
- Nebraska tomato-growing plant fined $400K for hiring undocumented workers
- Amateur bread bakers save New York flour business
- South Dakota confirms 94 new cases of COVID-19, three more deaths
- LIVE UPDATES: Hatch closed on SpaceX capsule as NASA astronauts prepare for historic launch