NOTE: A previous version of the story stated that court documents indicated that Christian Goyne-Yarns was from Jackson, Minnesota, while the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation stated he is from Spirit Lake, Iowa.

CORRECTION: A previous version of the story indicated Christian Goyne-Yarns age was 27 years old, when his age is actually 25.

MILFORD, Iowa (KCAU) – The suspect in the shooting in Milford Thursday morning has been identified by court documents.

According to a complaint filed Thursday, Christian Goyne-Yarns, 25, of Spirit Lake, Iowa, shot a woman at least twice in the parking lot of Grape Tree Medical Staffing around 8:02 a.m.

According to a release from the Iowa Department of Public Safety, the woman, who was found with multiple gunshot wounds, was airlifted to Avera McKenna Hospital in Sioux Falls in critical condition.

The victim called 911 and was able to identify Goyne-Yarns as the suspect.

Goyne-Yarns has been booked into the Dickinson County Jail. He was charged with the class B felony of attempted murder.

This is an ongoing criminal investigation being conducted by the Milford Police Department, Spirit Lake Police Department, Arnolds Park Police Department, the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF), the Dickinson County Sheriff’s Office, the Iowa State Patrol, The Iowa Division of Narcotics Enforcement and the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation.  No further details are being released at this time.  As the investigation continues further charges may be applied.

Gage Teunissen and Wesley Thoene contributed to this story.

PREVIOUS: Dickinson County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed a shooting took place in Milford, Iowa, Thursday morning.

At around 8:28 a.m. a woman was shot in the parking lot of GrapeTree Medical Staffing, LLC in Milford. A suspect has since been taken into custody.

Spirit Lakes Community Schools had originally had a late start in the morning but closed for the day due to the incident

Okoboji Schools had a statement on their website about the incident. They did not close for the day, but said they went into lockdown as a precaution.

Due to an incident in the community, we have been advised to lockdown all school buildings as a safety precaution. I want to stress that this is not something within the school buildings but something in the community, and we have been asked to keep kids and staff in the buildings for now.

Statement from school officials

The Dickinson County Sheriff also shared that they believe that there is no threat to the public.