MADISON COUNTY, Neb. (KCAU) – Authorities in Nebraska are warning of a phone scam where a person’s child has been kidnapped.
The Madison County Sheriff’s Office in Nebraska said they have received numerous complaints about the calls. During the calls, a person will say their child has been kidnapped. To get the child back, they say they need to pay anywhere from $2,000 to $50,000.
The sheriff’s office believes that the scam call is coming from Mexico.
Anyone who receives such a call is warned to check on their family members to ensure their safety and to not give out personal information or to send out money. If you receive a similar call, they ask that you report it to your local law enforcement.
- Sioux City Art Center hosting spring workshops, summer art camps
- Nebraska sheriff found guilty of misconduct
- Newell-Fonda runs away with third straight Class 1A girls basketball championship
- Siouxland Forecast: March 6, 2021
- Unity Christian’s second half defense lifts Knights to third state championship in program history