MERIDEN, Iowa (KCAU) – A man died from injuries that he sustained in a car crash on Friday night in Cherokee County.
Officials said on Friday, a Cherokee County Deputy tried to stop a vehicle for reckless speeding on Highway 3.
The driver reportedly sped up to elude the deputy, turned south on L-51 and L Avenue, and drove off the road multiple times at high speeds. At 10:26, the driver lost control of the vehicle and went off the side of the road.
Officials reported that Matthew Williams, 26, of Paullina, Iowa, was the driver, and he was not using a seatbelt. Williams was taken to the Cherokee Regional Medical Center but passed away due to injuries.
- Polish zoo captures rare mouse-deer birth on video
- MedPharm Iowa considers expansion into South Dakota
- Nebraska township member fined for illegal actions during 2019 flood
- Gov. Reynolds announces nearly $9 million to assist low-income Iowans in preventing evictions, regaining housing
- December 4: Nebraska reports more than 1,600 new COVID-19 cases, 27 additional deaths