People in one small Siouxland town are without a grocery store after their only one was damaged in a weekend fire.
The owner of Farm Fresh Foodtown and Liquor in Remsen said he plans to rebuild and get back up and running.
How long that will take, no one’s sure right now.
The fire happened early Sunday morning, and it’s been traced to an electrical problem.
Firefighters battled the fire for nearly five hours, before calling the grocery store a total loss.
But the owner Sammy Chodha said he knows he has the support behind him to get through this.
“We have the strength of the community. I’m really thankful that the community has all strength and support. That’s why I’m coming back to work again. This small community is a very lovely community.”
The owner already had an engineer looking at the building and is hoping to be up and running as soon as possible.