MACY, Neb. (KCAU) — Tribal and federal officials are investigating the death of a Macy, Nebraska, woman.
The Omaha Tribe of Nebraska released a statement late Tuesday night that acknowledges the death of Lenice Blackbird.
“We are all saddened to hear about the passing of Lenice Blackbird. Our condolences go to the family on the loss of your beloved Lenice. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.”From the Omaha Tribe of Nebraska
The statement didn’t say how or when she died.
The tribe mentions that the Omaha Nation Law Enforcement is working in collaboration with the FBI for the investigation.
According to the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women USA’s Facebook page, a family relative of Blackbird’s said that her body was found at Big Elk Park in Macy on June 27.
- Eric Trump says Harris as Biden’s VP doesn’t worry Trump campaign
- Sisters separated by orphanages, foster homes are reunited after 46 years
- Flag-draped coffins of troops from sunken tank sent to Dover
- Texas couple charged after infant son found dead in bucket of tar
- Trump admits he’s blocking postal cash to stop mail-in votes