No injuries reported after fire at South Sioux City elementary school

Local News

SOUTH SIOUX CITY, Neb. (KCAU) — No injuries were reported after fire crews responded to a fire at E.N. Swett Elementary School Tuesday evening.

According to an official, around 6:40 p.m., fire crews were dispatched to the elementary school on 2300 C Street in South Sioux City after smoke was reported coming from the boiler room.

Workers were in the process of replacing the boiler and sparks ignited some rags, causing a fire.

An official said crews were able to knock down the fire in 10 minutes. No one was injured, and there was no damage done to the building.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Local News

More Local News

Trending Stories