There are flood waters all over Siouxland that are affecting roadways.
Multiple law enforcement agencies and emergency management groups are asking drivers to be cautious while driving with the flooding conditions. They are asking people to not drive through any flooded roadways with the saying “Turn around. Don’t drown.”
Nebraska Highway 77 is closed from the Highway 35 intersection to Walthill, due to water over the highway. Officialsreccomend finding an alternate route.
The Madison County Sheriff’s Office in Nebraska said the following roadways have flood water over them:
- Burrows Avenue to 823rd Road on Highway 45 North of Newman Grove
- 839th Road between 550th Avenue and 551st Avenue
- 539th Avenue between 831st Road and 832nd Road
- 835th Road between 557th Avenue and 558th Avenue
- Highway 275 East of Tilden
- 845th Road between 546th Avenue and 539th Avenue
- 1st and Kaneb Road
- North Victory and Nucor Road
- 37th Street and West Omaha Avenue
- 37th Street and North Airport Road
- South 1st street between 834th Road and 835th Road
- South 1st Street between 831st Road and 832nd Road
- 1st Street and Eisenhower
- Numerous Spots of water on the road between Norfolk and Battle Creek on 840th Road
- 553RD Avenue between 845th Road and 846th Road
- 844th Road between 550th Avenue to 549th Avenue
- Half Mile Road between 549th Avenue to 548th Avenue
- 547th Avenue between 846th Road and 845th Road
- 549TH Avenue and 833rd Road with Debris on roadway
- Additional Closed Roads
- 840th Road between 544th avenue and 543rd avenue
- 843rd Road between 539th avenue and 546th avenue (Highway 121)
- 839th Road between 543rd Avenue and 540th Avenue
- 543rd Avenue between 839th Road and 840th Road
- 542nd Avenue between 839th Road and 840th Road
- 544th Avenue between 839th Road and 840th Road
They warn that there are more areas that have been reported. They also say that they have run out of barricades and will be using flags now to mark a road is closed.
The Nebraska State Patrol is also warning of known roads affected with flood water:
- Rt275 and 535 Rd – East of Tilden
- Mm 7.5 Rt15 / Rt51 Jct – Cuming Co
- Mm10 Rt35 – Dixon County north of Wakefield
- Mm405 Rt20 Dixon County
- Several areas from m116 Rt12 east S of Butte Ne – Rt12 closed
- Rt20 from Belden to Rt81 JCT
Multiple other road closures are occurring all over Nebraska due to flooding. You can check the Nebraska DOT website for more.
Highway 75 in Iowa in near Hinton has been blocked due to flooding. The Iowa DOT is detouring traffic by way of County Road C60.
The Woodbury County Sheriff’s Office in Iowa says they are also experiencing water on roadways, saying they can be found on some roads in Moville, Salix, Cushing and the area of Old Highway 141 and Bronson Blacktop. Some of the roads may be barricaded. Even if not barricaded, please drive cautiously.
Meanwhile, the Sioux County Sheriff’s office is also reporting of water over roadways.
There are reports that Iowa Highway 12 has water on the roadway between Westfield to K18.
About a mile of Highway 81 north of Yankton has been closed as is half a mile west on Highway 50.
Highway 37 is also closed north of the Nebraska state line.