SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (Argus Leader/AP) — A Sioux Falls man is hospitalized with life-threatening injuries after authorities say he was severely beaten in the head with a baseball bat at a weekend party.
Police say the 18-year-old victim and the 21-year-old assailant got involved in an altercation at a gathering of people who had been drinking Sunday night.
Authorities say the two are known to each other.
The Argus Leader says the victim was beaten into unconsciousness. People at the party drove him to the hospital, where he was taken into surgery for life-threatening injuries.
The suspect was arrested.
- Northwestern bounces back with 50-16 win over Dakota Wesleyan
- Morningside volleyball falls to Dakota Wesleyan in four sets
- Siouxland Forecast: Sep. 19, 2020
- President Trump backs proposed TikTok deal with Oracle, Walmart
- Nebraska inmate dies after testing positive for COVID-19