ONAWA, Iowa (KCUA) – A man convicted of killing his grandma back in 2018 has been sentenced.
Appearing in Monona County District Court Tuesday morning, Eliot Stowe was sentenced to life with no parole.
Stowe had been found guilty of first-degree murder in November after being charged for the beating death of 66-year-old Cheryl Stowe at her rural home in Castana in June 2018. Her body was found wrapped in a rug and duct tape at the edge of a cornfield.
Prosecutors say Eliot Stowe had beaten her with a baseball bat.
- February 27: Woodbury County reports less than 10 new COVID-19 cases
- Mayonnaise used as miracle treatment for endangered turtles
- Water main break in Monona County makes water unsafe to use
- February 27: Iowa reports 612 new positive COVID-19 tests
- Monarch butterflies down 26% in Mexico wintering grounds