Man passes away from September fire near Le Mars

Local News

LE MARS, Iowa (KCAU) – A man injured in a late September fire near Le Mars has died due to his injuries.

Le Mars Fire-Rescue was called to a fire at 28279 130th Street, five miles northwest of Le Mars on September 30, just after 5 p.m. They found a fully engulfed trailer next to a hog confinement building.

Firefighters also learned a man was burned in the fire. The man, later identified as Jorge Orozco, 38, of Sioux City, had been taken to Floyd Valley Healthcare by a private vehicle before firefighters arrived on the scene. He was then airlifted to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Due to his injuries, Orozco passed away Saturday at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital.

Le Mars Fire-Rescue said that the cause of the fire was accidental.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Anchor Bios

Trending Stories