SPENCER, Iowa (KCAU) – A man was hospitalized on Friday after he sustained injuries during a crash.
At 8:29 a.m. on Friday, the Clay County Sherriff’s Office received a report of a one-vehicle crash at 2790 350th Street, about five miles east of Spencer.
Officials said they determined that Gregory Hoover, 41, of Webb, Iowa, was driving a pickup truck north in the 3500 Mile of 280th Avenue when he lost control, entered the west ditch, and then the vehicle came to a rest.
Hoover was taken to the Spencer Municipal Hospital for head and back injuries. The vehicle had an estimated $16,000 in damages, and it was deemed a total loss.
Dickens Fire and Rescue and the Spencer Ambulance Service assisted the Clay County Sheriff’s Office.
- Iowa man arrested after police say he beat his roommate
- President Biden says 100-day goal on vaccinations may rise to 150 million instead of 100 million
- Digital Exclusive: Volunteers faced challenges during O’Brien County dog search
- First US case of Brazilian COVID-19 variant found in Minnesota
- Nebraska deputy hurt while working traffic accident