NORFOLK, Neb. (KCAU) – A man was hospitalized on Tuesday night after authorities in Norfolk said he crashed into two parked vehicles.
According to the Norfolk Police Division, officers were called to a crash in the 800 block of South 7th Street Tuesday at 11:25 p.m.
Officials said that a car driven by Lukas Boykin, 29, of Omaha, had been traveling at a high rate of speed on 1st Street and hit two parked vehicles. The car then went another 180 feet before hitting a tree and coming to a stop.
Boykin had to be extricated from the vehicle by Norfolk Fire and Rescue. He was then taken to Faith Regional Hospital.
All three vehicles were totaled as a result of the crash.
Police said that as part of the investigation, they found evidence of alcohol use. A blood draw was then taken from Boykin.
An investigation is ongoing and charges are pending.
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Siouxlanders react to the presidential debate
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- Man charged with rape after 13-year-old girl taken from Nashville Walmart
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night