Man burned in fire at hog operation near Le Mars

Local News

LE MARS, Iowa (AP) — A man has been burned while working at a hog confinement in northwest Iowa.

Firefighters were sent a little after 5 p.m. Monday to the hog operation, which sits about five miles northwest of Le Mars. Officials say two people had been inside a building, using a power washer to clean it. One left the building to refuel the power washer engine, and he spilled gas on himself and the machine. Fire officials say the vapors ignited, burning the man.

Le Mars Fire Chief Dave Schipper says the man was initially taken by private vehicle to Floyd Valley Healthcare in Le Mars. He then was flown to a burn center in Lincoln, Nebraska.

The man’s name hasn’t been released.


Latest Stories

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Trending Stories