ROCK RAPIDS, Iowa (KCAU) — A man was arrested for an OWI after nearly hitting a Lyon County deputy’s patrol vehicle while leaving Grand Falls Casino early Sunday morning.
According to a release, on January 10, around 03:40 a.m., a Lyon County deputy was called to the Grand Falls Casino for an incident that occurred. Upon arriving, the Deputy’s patrol vehicle was nearly struck by a motorist leaving the casino. The Deputy turned around and followed the vehicle a short distance observing the vehicle crossing over the yellow center line multiple times, crossing over the white fog line hitting the shoulder, and completely missing a right hand turn the motorist was trying to make. A traffic stop was initiated a short distance later.
The driver Suraj Rai, of Sioux Falls, was arrested for operating while under the influence, first offense, and booked into the Lyon County Jail.
- White House COVID-19 team briefs public as J&J vaccine doses shipped to states
- Estherville man arrested on sexual abuse, kidnapping charges
- New Orleans officer murdered after man denied entry for not wearing a mask
- March 1: Iowa COVID-19 hospitalizations remain less than 200
- Here’s what’s coming to Netflix in March