LYON COUNTY, Iowa (KCAU) – The Lyon County Department of Public Health announced on Thursday the first death associated with COVID-19 in the county.
Health officials said the individual was in the age range of 80 and older.
“We wish to extend our sympathy to this individual’s family,” said Lyon County Public Health Director Melissa Stillson. “Lyon County Public Health and all of our key partners throughout the county and state continue to work to limit the spread and impact of this virus in our communities.”
For more information, read the full announcement below.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19, visit the IDPH webpage.
- #8 MOC-Floyd Valley wins in four sets over #13 Sioux Center
- City Council looks at proposals to reduce speed-related accidents
- Vision 2020: Are absentee votes and mail-in votes different?
- Woman escapes injuries after rollover near Stanton
- US official: 2020 census to end Oct. 5 despite court order