SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KCAU) – The LAMB Theatre announced that they have been awarded half a million dollars to go towards their restoration project.
The funds were made possible through the Blue Stream Fund. The gift will go towards the new home for the LAMB Theatre downtown at 625 Douglas. The project comes with a $17.5 million price tag.
LAMB Theatre Executive director Diana Wooley said this gift doesn’t come at a better time as the performing arts have been shut down due to the pandemic.
“It reinforces everything we are trying to and it will hopefully motivate other donors and it motivates us and we’re excited about getting the project up and running again,” said Wooley.
The downtown project is expected to be completed by the fall or winter 2022.
- WATCH: Fireball lights up sky; New York residents report sightings
- Court: Rittenhouse bound over for trial in protest shootings
- Ex-Iowa nurse pleads not guilty to stealing clinic fentanyl
- Western Nebraska man accused of kidnapping woman at gunpoint
- Woman sentenced for 2018 deadly Sioux City stabbing