SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KCAU) – The Siouxland District Health Department (SDHD) has reported 17 new cases of COVID-19 in Woodbury County on Sunday.
Health officials said the additional cases are from 163 tests reported on Saturday.
The county’s health department also notes no new virus-related deaths, which maintains the death toll at 44.
According to the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH), as of 11:13 a.m. on June 12, there are a total of 3,342 positive cases of COVID-19 in the county.
SDHD mentions that 3,099 individuals have recovered from the coronavirus.
Health officials reported that out of the 286 total hospitalizations in the county, 233 of them have been hospitalized and discharged.
Latest Coronavirus Stories
- January 18: Dakota County reports 18 new COVID-19 cases
- Post Malone donates 10,000 pairs of Crocs to frontline medical workers across the country
- Indiana couple married 67 years receives COVID vaccine after diagnosis forced them apart
- January 18: South Dakota reports 11 new virus-related deaths
- January 18: Few new COVID-19 cases in Woodbury County, positivity rate continues downward trend