CLEGHORN, Iowa (KCAU) – A manure discharge from a cattle operation in Cherokee County, Iowa, is being investigated by the Iowa Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
According to a press release from the Iowa DNR, they confirmed a manure runoff from Tentinger Feedlot in Cleghorn, is reaching Bear Creek.
The DNR is working with the owner to stop the discharge, according to the release.
Although the investigation is ongoing, the DNR said it could be from recently land-applied manure.
The DNR also said they will consider appropriate enforcement action.
- Holocaust awareness survey shows alarming trends
- Sioux City club hosts annual fundraiser to help hearing impaired
- Siouxlanders struggle to differentiate COVID and Allergies
- Multiple Google services go down in parts of U.S.
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday