SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KCAU) – A former Western Iowa congressman and businessman died Saturday after suffering a stroke earlier in the week.
Spirit Lake native, Berkley Bedell is well known for his contributions to the fishing tackle industry. As the founder of Spirit Lake-based Berkley & Co., he was elected to Iowa’s 6th District in the U.S. House of Representatives in 1975 and served for three years.
Bedell remained active until the end. In October, he introduced Senator Elizabeth Warren at a campaign stop in Sioux City.
He passed away at 98-years-old.
- Iowa officials announce program for housing assistance
- South Sioux City tabs McBride as new softball coach
- Hinton’s Brighton signs with Northwestern baseball
- SpaceX, NASA monitoring weather for targeted launch of historic crewed mission on Saturday
- SCCSD Announces Baseball and Softball Plans