Fire at rural Hinton house caused by heat lamp

Local News

HINTON, Iowa (KCAU) — The Hinton Fire and EMS responded to a possible house fire on 270th Street after a call came in around 5:40 p.m.

Upon arriving at the scene, crews were able to find light smoke coming from the house.

The fire was caused by a heat lamp that fell and ignited the hay that was used for ducks and geese to sleep on, according to Cameron Peirce, Fire Chief of Hinton Fire and EMS.

Crews were able to immediately put out the fire with only minimal damage. No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Local News

More Local News

Trending Stories

News article bin