ELK POINT, S.D. (KCAU) – Elk Point – Jefferson Elementary (PreK-5th grade) will be moving to online learning for the week of October 20 through the 22 due to positive COVID-19 cases.
According to a newsletter, officials said that at least four classrooms were needing to move online for the week after positive cases were found in the building.
October 19 and 23 were already “no school” days for the school.
Teachers have sent home materials for next week with elementary students today. However, iPads and Chromebooks will need to be picked up on Monday, October 19th. They can be picked up at the main elementary entrance during these times: 6:30am – 8:00am; 1:00pm – 3:00pm; 6:00pm – 8:00pm.
EPJ School Administration has conducted the investigation of positive cases in the building and have already notified any close contacts.
The school requests that parents and students monitor their symptoms during this time
and to see their medical provider if there are any concerns.
- April 13: More than 200 new positive COVID-19 cases reported in South Dakota
- Two additional suspects sought in fatal South Dakota motel shooting
- Adams Homestead and Nature Preserve removing 3D archery targets due to vandalism
- April 13: Woodbury County reports 10 new COVID-19 cases, 49 new recoveries
- FBI announces reward for information about Tammy Haas cold case