Early Tuesday morning, a fire broke out at the Victorian Inn and Suites on Singing Hills Boulevard.
Upon arrival, Fire Engine Five found smoke coming from the front of the building. Inside, they found an industrial dryer on the first floor laundry room full of laundry on fire.
“The biggest concern was making sure the building was evacuated on arrival, checking the fire, getting stopped right there. And then ventilating the smoke out of the building right now. Deputy fire marshal Collins is on scene, he’ll start the investigation and we’ll see if we can determine the cause of the fire,” says Dan Cougill, Assistant Fire Chief.
Most of the fire damage was contained to the dryer and shelves around the dryer. Everyone in the building was evacuated and no one was harmed.