SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KCAU) – Car accidents are common around the holidays, due to the possibility of winter weather, and can be avoided by driving safely.
However, it’s always a good idea to keep an emergency kit of essential items in your vehicle.
Emergency winter kits can be purchased at any hardware store. Folks can also make a custom kit to fit their needs.
Essential items for an emergency winter kit will include:
- Ice scrapers
- Snow Shovels
- First aid kit
- Flashlight and batteries
If there have been many reports of car accidents in your area and you find yourself stuck, be prepared to wait.
Items that will help during a long wait are:
- Food and water
- Wool blanket or hand warmers
- Phone charger
- Gloves and hat
One final item for any kit is to have some sand or kitty litter in your car that can be used for traction.
- Corps predicts lower Missouri River runoff in 2021
- Police: Iowa man jailed after using child as human shield to avoid arrest
- How the 3 COVID-19 vaccines compare
- Des Moines schools superintendent’s pandemic response could cost him his job
- Capitol Police request 2-month extension of National Guard at US Capitol