DENISON, Iowa (KCAU) – A motorcyclist was injured Sunday after a crash in Denison, Iowa.
According to the Iowa State Patrol, the crash happened at the intersection of North 20th Street and 4th Avenue N in Denison Sunday around 7:20 p.m.
Officials said that Nathaniel Short, 37, of Denison, was driving a 2019 Suzuki GSX-R600 motorcycle at a high rate of speed north on 20th Street when another vehicle turned onto the road. The motorcycle rear-ended the other vehicle, causing Short to be thrown from the vehicle.
Short was flown by helicopter to an Omaha hospital.
The second vehicle and unidentified Sedan, left the scene.
An investigation is ongoing.
- J.D. Scholten holds parking lot rally
- Postponed by pandemic: Only 27% of Americans have taken a vacation during COVID-19
- Former Iowa, Spirit Lake standout Ryan Kriener inks professional contract with Helios Suns
- Digital Exclusive: Briar Cliff’s Men Volleyball members react to the cancelation of program
- Nebraska State Penitentiary inmate faces hate crime charge in attack on guard