SOUTH SIOUX CITY, Neb. (KCAU) – Also giving back to the kids on Saturday, the South Sioux City Police Department put their squad car to good use.
Partnering with Emerson, Homer and Dakota City Fire, the South Sioux City Police Department hopes to make the holidays a little bit brighter for local kids by holding their first-ever Fill A Squad Car toy drive.
In front of the South Sioux City Hy-Vee police and fire personnel collected donations and stuffed them in the police vehicle that will soon be delivered to Dakota County youngsters.
“It’s just that we do a lot of fire prevention stuff with children and police do it, too. We just want them not to be afraid to of us in uniform, you know, they can come to us and we help whenever we can wherever we can,” said Tarry Daum, with Emerson Fire.
If you missed them at Hy-Vee, you can still drop off donations at the South Sioux City Law Enforcement Center until December 18.
- Deadline for South Dakota residents for federal disaster assistance edging near
- Tentative agreement reached between MercyOne and UFCW Local 222
- Sioux City Hard Rock prepares for Super Bowl wagers
- Democrat House managers finishing opening statements on fourth day of Senate impeachment trial
- Player of the Night: West Sioux’s Megan Waterman