NORFOLK, Neb. (KCAU) – The City of Norfolk issued a contract to Constructors, Inc. of Lincoln, Neb. on June 7 to complete a mill and overlay project on a number of city streets.
According to the release, construction will start on September 20 and is expected to take approximately four weeks to complete. The City will be working with the contractor to develop a detailed schedule for the work.
City staff will be delivering more detailed information to businesses and residents along each of the overlay areas as the project unfolds starting this week.
This project includes milling off one to two inches of the existing pavement and the installation of new
pavement. The new layer of asphalt is a maintenance measure used to help extend the life of the existing
- Driving over the pavement after it has been placed is not advisable until after the contractor has finished rolling it, which is completed almost immediately after the pavement is placed.
- Driving on the pavement too soon may result in loose asphalt being kicked up onto your vehicle or create markings on the new pavement.
- The pavement will be soft for the first day and vehicle motions, such as power turns, while stationary may deform the surface.
- During this process, please do not park on the street until the next day after paving has been completed.
- Detours may be required per some of the areas listed below.
- More details will be released in advance of the work.
- Norfolk Ave from Cottonwood Street to east of flood control
- Hwy 81 both ways from Hwy 275
- Hwy 81 & Pasewalk Ave – patching
- Norfolk Ave east of 27th Street – patching
- 37th Street from US Hwy 275 to City limits
- North 1st Street from Benjamin Ave to flood control
- Norfolk Ave from 7th Street to 1st Street
- 7th Street from Madison Ave to Prospect Ave