WESTFIELD, Iowa (KCAU) — Officials have identified a body found in a vehicle that was involved in a ditch fire on December 18 in Plymouth County.
According to a release, Iowa State Medical identified the individual as Jeremy A. Parker, 43, of Macy, Nebraska.
Around 11:16 p.m. on December 18, Akron Fire and Ambulance and the Plymouth County Sheriff’s Office responded to a ditch fire that involved a vehicle at 25133 Highway 12, Westfield, Iowa.
Officials said when they arrived on the scene, it was determined there was a deceased person inside the vehicle.
Investigators determined this was a one-vehicle crash that happened when the vehicle was heading north on Highway 12 and entered the east ditch when the driver lost control. The vehicle hit a tree before coming to a rest and started on fire along with the ditch.
The LeMars Police and Plymouth County Sheriff’s Office continue to investigate the incident.
- Can I finally see my grandchildren? Vaccinated Americans wait for advice
- Camp Autumn helps raise money for disabled children through fishing tournament
- March 7: More than 200 new COVID-19 cases, 2 virus-related deaths reported in South Dakota
- Watch: Group of penguins explore the ‘Friends’ experience in Chicago
- March 7: Less than 20 new COVID-19 cases in Woodbury County