SPIRIT LAKE, Iowa (KCAU) – An Ames man was taken to the hospital with serious injuries after a one-vehicle crash on Monday night.
According to the Dickinson County Sheriff’s Office (DCSO), at about 9:33 p.m. on Monday, they responded to a motor vehicle crash near the intersection of 242nd Avenue and 182nd Street.
Officials said Tavan Shahidi, 22, of Ames, was traveling north on 242nd Avenue in a 2014 Ford F-150 and failed to complete the turn onto 182nd Street.
Authorities reported that he lost control of the F-150 and collided with a tree and two garages.
The sheriff’s office said he was transported by ambulance to the hospital with serious injuries.
The F-150 was considered to be totaled and the two garages received considerable damage.
The DCSO charged Shahidi with the following charges:
- Operating While Intoxicated (1st Offense)
- Failure to Maintain Control
- Driving on Wrong Side of Two-Way Highway
- Reckless Driving
- Failure to Use Seatbelt
- Failure to Reduce Speed to Reasonable Rate
The DSCO was assisted on the scene by the Arnolds Park PD, Lakes Regional Healthcare Ambulance, Milford Fire and Rescue, and Milford PD.
- Two Sioux City Hospitals more than 70 COVID-19 patients
- Nebraska man arrested, accused of pointing gun at protester
- Exclusive poll shows support for George Floyd protests, disapproval of Trump’s response
- Iowa voters shatter turnout records for Primary Election
- Siouxland Forecast: June 3, 2020