SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KCAU) — On Saturday, Air Force Junior ROTC students gathered at the Sergeant Floyd monument to honor our fallen veterans.
For 12 hours on Saturday, each cadet marched quietly during their 30-minute shift to honor military members who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
During the changing of the guard, the names of our fallen were read. Those marching said they were proud to take part in such a moving and meaningful ceremony.
“Well, I don’t want to do that because it’s cold, but you have to get over that. You have to think about what it is. You’re standing there honoring people and it’s supposed to be something that’s solemn,” said Emma Kerr, a senior at West High.
The program has taken place for the last four years and involves students from all three Sioux City high schools.
- Siouxland baseball highlights and softball scores 7/9/20
- Junior League of Sioux City holds panel to speak about diversity in Siouxland
- Sioux City City Council to consider SkyWest Airlines service at Sioux Gateway Airport
- Immunocompromised people continue to face challenges with COVID-19
- Sioux City Fire Rescue at scene of fire for more than two hours