WINNEBAGO, Neb. (KCAU) – The Winnebago Tribal Council announced that there will be a Special Election on Wednesday to fill the two vacant seats on the council.
The five candidates are:
- Brian Chamberlain
- Lorelei Hope DeCora
- Marian Holstein
- Les J. Painter Sr.
- Sandy M. Scott II
The Winnebago Tribe said on its Facebook page that the polls will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Whirling Thunder Wellness Center Gym, 205 Bluff Street.
The tribe mentions that a candidate forum will take place virtually on Tuesday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on the Little Priest Tribal College YouTube page or on the Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska’s Facebook page.
The Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska will be closed on July 15.
On June 25, two Winnebago tribal councilmembers were removed from the council after refusing to take a hair follicle drug test.
The council said Tori Kitcheyan and Melton Frenchman were removed on the grounds that they didn’t complete their Mandatory Drug and Alcohol Test and was found in violation of the Principles of Ethical & Moral Conduct Policy for Tribal Council Members in agreement to its disciplinary powers in Article IV Section four of the Winnebago Constitution and Bylaws.
- German nudist chases down boar who snatched his laptop
- Digital Exclusive: Former St. Luke’s College Chancellor receives prestigious award at commencement ceremony
- Pres. Trump holds Friday evening briefing
- Officials long warned of explosive chemicals at Beirut port
- Omaha schools to start with all remote classes, no sports