ARCADIA, Iowa (KCAU) – Four people were hospitalized after a crash on a county road in Carroll County Saturday.
The collision took place around 12:40 p.m. on 170th Street, just west of Falcon Avenue, about 2 miles northeast of Arcadia.
According to the Iowa State Patrol, Tyler Mattingly, 26, of Fort Dodge, was driving west on 170th Street when the vehicle collided partially head-on and sideswiped with another vehicle driven by Brandon Kramer, 29, of Lanesboro, Iowa.
Mattingly was driving left of center lane and cresting a hill at the time of the crash, according to the report, according to the report.
The collision caused the vehicle driven by Kramer to rolled once and came to a rest upright in the south ditch, while Mattingly’s vehicle came to a rest in the north ditch.
Mattingly; Jacob Lawler, 25, of Wall Lake; and Jordan Downs, 21, of Denver, were flown to a hospital. Aubri Roper, 21, of Paton, was taken to a hospital by ambulance. It wasn’t specified which vehicle the three injured passengers were in.
The report said the injured were not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash. It also said that distracted driving may have played a factor.
An investigations in ongoing.
- New trial ordered in fatal Nebraska prison riot stabbing
- Court records: Ames man extorted Drake student for nude photos, multiple other victims discovered
- Third stimulus checks: Key vote coming that will impact $1,400 payments
- February 24: South Dakota reports more than 250 new COVID-19 cases
- Police probed South Dakota AG’s cellphone use before crash