NORFOLK, Iowa (KCAU) – Thirteen businesses in Norfolk failed alcohol compliance checks.
The Norfolk Police Department checked 65 businesses on April 18 and May 6 to see if they were selling alcohol to minors. Of the 65, there were 13 businesses that did sell. The employees that sold were cited.
The reports will be given to the county attorney for prosecution and the Healthy Community Initiative.
The Norfolk Police were able to do the compliance check through a grant from the Nebraska Department of Human Services, Department of Behavioral Health Services, Region 4 Mental Health and Healthy Community Initiative.
The business that failed can be found below:
- Merchants, at 314 W Omaha Ave
- Pizza Hut Wingstreet, at 506 S 25th Street
- Kings Lanes, at 1000 Riverside Blvd
- Applebee’s, at 700 S 13th Street
- Speedee Mart, at 1220 N 1st Street
- The Granary, at 922 S 13th Street
- The Office Bar, at 120 S 4th Street
- Uncle Jarrols, at 2610 W Norfolk Ave
- Louie’s Liquor, at 811 S 13th Street
- Fast Mart, at 315 Omaha Ave
- Reynoldson’s, at 905 S 13th Street
- Casey’s South, t 1020 S 13th Street
- Jakes Bar, at a1422 S 1st Street