INDIANOLA, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a Newton woman was killed and four others were injured when a 17-year-old driver ran a stop sign in central Iowa.
The Iowa State Patrol says the crash happened Sunday afternoon in Warren County when a pickup truck driven by the teen ran a stop sign and hit a small sport utility vehicle.
Investigators say 41-year-old Amanda Kay Core, of Newton, was in the SUV’s passenger seat and died at the scene.
The driver of the SUV, 41-year-old Aaron Core, of Indianola, and two children, ages 5 and 15, were all taken to a nearby hospital, as was the 17-year-old driver of the truck.
- WATCH LIVE: Gov. Ricketts to hold press conference
- February 26: COVID-19 hospitalizations drop below 200 in Iowa, 712 new positive tests
- ‘Real world’ test of Pfizer COVID vaccine confirms effectiveness at preventing illness, even after single dose
- Biden’s Texas visit marks first trip to disaster site since taking office
- LIVE: House expected to approve $1.9T virus relief bill